LivCom, A USConnect Company, is seeking a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of IT Technician and Solutions Engineer. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for designing customer solutions for connectivity, wi-fi networks, internal servers, cloud storage and other managed services as requested. In addition, the successful applicant will maintain the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the Company. The IT Technician and Solutions Engineer will also be the main point of contact for employee who are experiencing computer issues.
- Attend sales calls as the Solutions Engineer to provide technical knowledge and solution design.
- Engineer the appropriate solution and coordinate with the customer quoting process.
- Design the appropriate installation and coordinate the execution.
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions.
- Conduct daily network backup operations.
- Partner with Sales to build long-term account relationships, ones that deliver ongoing business values.
- Define product functional requirements based on customer needs and document specific configuration requirements.
- Conduct detailed and technical product demonstrations and presentations.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions when possible, to meet customer’s business needs.
- Constantly stay ahead in communicating with customers. Manage expectations properly to avoid escalations. Be a strong voice of customers during engineering planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience on current network operating systems
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification; meet all state required licensure/certification.
- Experience of customer support for software/hardware high tech products.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a team-oriented environment
- Self-Motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Professional appearance, good customer service skills including verbal communication
- Successful applicant must pass a drug screening
- Valid TX Driver’s License
Job Type: Full-time
- Livingston, TX
- Information Technology: 3 years